Saturday, June 6, 2009

1911 Irish Census and Margaret Dwane Faunt

The 1911 Irish census is online for these counties at the National Archives of Ireland: Antrim,Cork ,Donegal,Down ,Dublin,Galway,Kerry,King's and Wexford.

What kinds of things can be found?

Margaret Faunt,widow of Patrick Faunt is found there.She may be the last of my own family remaining in Ireland. My William, younger brother to Patrick emigrates to Beverly NJ in 1869.When he dies in 1889 two of his nephews are also in America. I feel that is when Patrick dies but I do not know.

Margaret who marries Patrick in Fethard Tipperary in 1865, soon after he leaves the British Army is matriarch of a small family. No others are found yet but Tipperary and Limerick census is not online until July and August.

James Faunt, widower and his 9 year old daughter Mary M. and 8 year old son Patrick live there also. James (Vincent ) Faunt's older sister Mary ( Denhan?) also a widow live there also.
The address is Little Cross Street in Cork City which is in the Cornmarket District of Cork West.
James Faunt is a Confectioner's Baker.The house has 3 rooms and 3 front windows.


2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Kathleen!

I enjoy your blog immensely and have nominated you for the Puckerbush Award of Excellence. To find out more, visit me at:
http://ancestortracking.blogspot.com/2009/06/puckerbush.html
Thanks for the inspiration!

Katie C said...

My goodness, Mary..Thank you.What an honor!
I am thrilled to be on your Puckerbrush list.
What do I need to do now?

Kathleen