Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday











These actually came to my attention last night which was Tuesday. My Great Grandfather Patrick Faunt was born in Limerick Ireland and is last found in records in the 1920 census with wife Florence and children Helen and George.
I failed to find a death for him after numerous tries.I believe this to be him and have records being searched this week. There is another Patrick living in the area but they spell their last name differently..Font.They are not sure they are related.I am sure they are as I have pulled about 50 Irish records including their Patrick.
Patrick's father William (1840-1889) is also buried in this cemetery St. Peter's in Riverside New Jersey as well as some infants born in America. William Faunt and Ellen his wife brought their two little boys to Beverly New Jersey in 1869, William had a military pension from the British Army.Pat's sisters Jennie Faunt Cooper and Nellie Faunt Hutchins who were born in America lived nearby in Burlington City.
Find A Grave has had both of these added since I last looked.George Patrick Faunt was killed in WWII and apparently was orphaned young. This was a fact of life for my Patrick as his first wife Mary Dugan died in 1902 leaving him with six young children to raise.Edward my grandfather had just turned four.
George Faunt's draft record indicates he supports his widowed mother.Poor dear.So many motherless and fatherless children in my immediate family.
Rest In Peace, Patrick and George and may perpetual light shine on you.


No comments: